Welcome to Room 13!

Hello and welcome to Mrs. Craig's grade 4 blog! I will be using this to communicate to students and parents throughout the year. I will include details of class activities, and important information regarding dates and school information. 

A little bit about me! I have been teaching elementary school for 9 years now. I have 2 children of my own, Luca who is 4 and Kaija who is 6. I love coffee and biking! I am passionate about teaching, and spend much of my time looking up fun art and math activities to do in class with my students! 

We have been spending the last couple of days creating our classroom community. I have really been enjoying getting to know your children through their writing activities and sharing during class discussions. 

Some activities we have completed are: writing about their 'first day jitters', practicing numbers and patterns, creating self portraits by studying a black and white photo of themselves,  reading quietly in small groups and listening to stories read by Mrs. Craig. 

We have already created a calm learning environment together. Today we created a poster of "What Makes an Amazing Class?" They each were given 3 stickers to place on the most important ideas of their choice. We all agreed that kindness, inclusivity and patience were very important. 

I can tell already that we will be having a great grade 4 year! Please check this blog regularly for updates. You may subscribe to the blog and receive emails when I update it. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!

How Do Scientists Know So Much?

Earth Day and World Book Day